King John and King Richard the Lionheart.

I've always been interested in History.Indeed,it was my favourite(and only)subject at school,especially in the Monarchy.

One area in particular that fascinates me,is about the Plantagenets,especially 👑 John and his brother:Richard.

I've read a lot about these two blokes,and my own personal opinion is that they were both nasty pieces of work.

John was power hungry,greedy,two-faced and treacherous.Richard maybe have been a very brave soldier,but he too,committed acts of mass murder(Acre) and was not in the least bit bothered by England.

John perhaps,had more interest,but merely for his own personal benefit.There's precious little evidence of John's good side recorded.He may have agreed to the Magna Carta,but obviously,he had no intention honouring it.

Richard no doubt,had excellent soldiering,and it paid off for him.I read also,he had deep respect for his Muslim opponent:Saladdin.

Even so,he still committed acts of unspeakable cruelty,and all supposedly in the name of God.

Nope,definitely two blokes I wouldn't want to know.

They were both nasty,vicious cunts.John,because he was king,thought he could do whatever he wished,and cared nothing of the consequences.

Richard is not a hero to me,being just as nasty.I was amazed he forgave John,when his younger brother begged him to.

Good riddance to both of them.


Top:King John effigy in Worcester Cathedral.
Bottom:King Richard the Lionheart tomb in Rouen,France.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Prof.

At last! Maggie Q bound and gagged!